Welcome to the
Framingham Coronavirus Community Outreach network!
There are many ways to give help and receive help this holiday season. Here are some local resources for Framingham families who need a little extra help this holiday season.
If you need assistance with a holiday meal, please reach out to the following Framingham resources:
- Daniel’s Table
- For English: (508) 405-0769
For Spanish: (508) 239-6690
For Portuguese: (508) 239-6691
- The Framingham Police Department
- The Framingham Police Association is providing free meals for those in need through their 48th Annual Christmas Meal Delivery Program. Call (800) 937-5708 to receive a meal.
- United Way
- (888) 811-3291
- Lasagna Love
- Families in need can visit www.lasagnalove.org and connect with a local volunteer to have a lasagna delivered to them.
- Mass 2-1-1
- Please dial 2-1-1 (just like 9-1-1) or (877) 211-6277 to speak with an information and referral specialist. They will assist you in finding the help you need.
If you need assistance with toys this holiday season, please reach out to the following Framingham resources.
- The Framingham Police Department
- Please call Framingham’s School Resource Officer Kathy McGrath (508) 872-1212, Ext. 3218. Normal toy distribution and Shop with a Cop will look a little different this year due to COVID-19, but the police department still has toys to distribute.
- Santa’s Little Sports 2.0
- Registered children who are Framingham residents ages 0-10 will receive gifts in a drive-thru fashion on Dec. 17th. Open to Framingham families in need. Register at https://www.framinghamrec.com/info/activities/program_details.aspx?ProgramID=30035
- United Way of Tri-County
- The United Way runs the Hope for the Holidays Giving Program. Call (508) 370-4873 for information.
- Globe Santa
- DTA families with children 12 years old or younger can submit to Globe Santa a Holiday Gift Verification Form. Call Globe Santa at (617) 929-2002 if you have any questions.
Framingham Coronavirus Community Outreach was created with the goal of linking people who need help to those who are able to help. This is a network for the Framingham community during the coronavirus outbreak. We provide emergency support, emotional support, links to resources, and up-to-date store information.
Several of our documents have been translated into a variety of languages.
If you are in need of help, please complete and submit the Help Request Form. We provide emergency assistance as well as resources for continued support.
If you need help filling out the submission form, please email us at FraminghamOutreach@gmail.com. Please make sure to note which language you speak.
If you are able to help, please fill out our Volunteer Submission Form.
We need volunteers to:
- Shop and deliver items
- Regularly shop for an individual/family
- Assist with applications
Of course, if you are able to provide another service other than the ones listed, we’d love to have you join us!
Emotional & Social Support
We are pleased to announce that local clinicians are offering free support for any individuals looking for strategies to manage anxiety and isolation. Check our Emotional & Social Support Doc for dates and times.
Find out how you can create a support system in your neighborhood.
A list of Framingham groups and organizations that are providing special services during the coronavirus pandemic. Please don’t hesitate to add groups or organizations that should be included on the list.
A list of local area stores and their modified hours, special accomodations, and other pertinent information.
Mask Creation & Donation Effort
Because of the shortage of hospital masks, many communities are doing what they can to support those who are in dire need of masks – medical professionals, first responders, and those who are ill. We are coordinating local efforts to make and distribute masks. Check our Mask Creation and Donation info sheet for more information.
If you have items to donate, please add them to our Donations spreadsheet with your contact info. By putting your name on the list, those in need may reach out to you directly for support.
If you would prefer not to add your name and contact information to the spreadsheet, please email us at Help@FraminghamOutreach.com with your request and we can add you anonymously to the sheet.
This fund was created for those who want to contribute financially to the Framingham Coronavirus Community Outreach group’s efforts. The money raised goes towards groceries and supplies for those in need. Once the pandemic ends, money that remains will be donated to Daniel’s Table.
Reimbursement for Helpers
To thank our helpers for all you’re doing, we have set up a system to reimburse you via PayPal. Please check our Reimbursement info sheet for more details.
Guidelines for all users of Framingham Coronavirus Community Outreach.
Note: guidelines have been translated into several languages. Please check the Translations above for details.
A ready-to-print flyer to help spread word about Framingham Coronavirus Community Outreach.
Note: flyer has been translated into several languages. Please check the Translations above for details.